You may be familiar with spring cleaning your house, but did you know it’s also wise to do the same for your SMS marketing campaigns?
Not only can you use this change of season to bring exciting new messages to your subscribers, you can also try to re-engage those who went dormant for the winter.
With the help of today’s guide, you’ll learn how to clear out the cobwebs and make way for higher engagement using our 17 text blast templates.
Before we dive into those, here’s why spring cleaning your business SMS plan is worth your time in the first place.
Clean Your List & Reawaken Inactive Subscribers
It may seem counterintuitive to clean up your subscriber list since it means you might end up losing some, but this simple step is the best way to keep your list healthy.
And more importantly, you’ll be sure only subscribers who are really engaged and interested in what you have to offer are on your list.
This ensures your open rates and other important text metrics are accurate and gives you a better picture of how your messages are performing.
To spring clean your text list, you’ll need to pinpoint which subscribers are really worth keeping.
Use this 3-step process:
Step 1: Identify the Subscribers Who Don’t Open Your Texts
Your first step is to sift through your deliverability reports to see which subscribers are receiving your messages.
Organize this information in two columns on an Excel or Google spreadsheet, and you’ll be able to tell which subscribers regularly receive and open your texts, and which ones are not actively engaged.
Once you have the latter category squared away, you can move on to the next step.
Step 2: Isolate the List and Send a Text Blast
Now’s your chance to capture this hibernating group’s attention one last time, using a text blast.
Here are a few examples:
- Was it something we said? It looks like you haven’t opened or received a text from us in a few months. If you’d still like to hear from us, reply with YES. Otherwise, we’ll stop reaching out.
- We miss you, so we’re extending a special offer to show you just how much we want you back! Use this coupon code (TEXTME) to receive 20% off your next purchase.
Or you could go with the straightforward route and just say:
- Hi there! This is Devan from Mobile Text Alerts. We’re just checking in to see if you’d still like to hear from us. If not, simply reply back with NO and we’ll stop sending you messages.
After a week or so, you’ll know which subscribers are really interested in sticking around.
Step 3: Clean Out Your List Accordingly
It’s okay if some of your subscribers don’t end up reaching out again — you shouldn’t take this personally.
While your brand may have been a good fit for them at one point in time, it’s not a big deal if that’s not the case anymore.
The real focus should be on finding and targeting the subscribers who do care, since they’ll be much more likely to engage with your brand and make a purchase.
Keep Subscribers Engaged Using These Springtime Text Blasts
Once you have a clean list, you can shift your attention to engaging the subscribers who are active.
Try using one of these spring-themed text blasts:
#1: Spring Forward (and into action)
The spring forward message works well even if you missed the daylight saving time change.
Using messages like these will motivate your subscribers to take action:
- New season, new you! Let us help you spring into something new!
- ‘Tis the season for something fresh! Here’s 20% off to get your spring season started right!
Or keep things simple with:
- Spring into action with 20% off your next purchase!
#2: Holiday-themed Messages
If you have a good understanding of your subscriber demographics, you can also send Easter- or Passover-related messages wishing your subscribers a happy and healthy holiday celebration.
Sending messages similar to these will help you stay top of mind:
- Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy Easter!
- Need help filling your Easter baskets this year? We’ve got you covered…
- Happy Passover from all of us here at Mobile Text Alerts!
#3: Fresh Finds
Spring also brings a huge shift in color palettes and attitudes.
From the blooming flowers to the change in clothes we wear, brights and pastels come to life and light, airy clothes replace the muted tones and heavy garments of winter.
So why not use this theme for your spring-related product messages?
If your brand offers something new and fresh for the spring season, try using one of these text blasts:
- We’ve got fresh finds for spring and we can’t wait to share them with you! Click the link to see what’s new today!
- Our top picks for spring are in! Check out what’s in store this season.
- Spring cleaning underway? Let us help! Use the discount code FRESH to receive 20% off your next order.
#4: Warm Weather, Hot Deals
You can also use the warmer temperatures as an excuse to show off your hot deals on outdoor-related products:
- The temperature outside isn’t the only thing heating up this spring season. We have hot deals on outdoor equipment you don’t want to miss.
- With the sun setting later, your kids can play longer with our best-selling outdoor products made for springtime weather. Add the discount code SPRING FORWARD at checkout to score an extra 20% off your purchase (and some peace and quiet).
#5: April Fool’s
You can even send playful April Fool’s Day text messages to your list, without having to include a practical joke:
- This isn’t a joke. We’re serious about giving you a HUGE discount, even if it is April Fool’s Day.
- You’d be a fool to miss out on this April deal. Check it out now before the FOMO sets in.
- It may be April Fool’s Day, but there are no hidden surprises in this deal. Snag your exclusive discount within 24 hours of receiving this message by using the code NOFOOL.
Use Text Blasts This Spring Season
Spring is not only a great time to clean your house, it’s also the perfect season to clean up your text message subscriber list too.
Start by weeding out any subscribers who haven’t received or opened your texts within the last few months by sending them one of the text blasts we listed earlier in this guide.
If they don’t respond, it’s time to delete them from your list.
For those who do respond, and for your existing subscribers who are active, try using one (or more!) of the spring-themed messages above and you’ll see a nice uptick in engagement this season.
And don’t forget, you can start your free 14-day business SMS trial today, just in time to capture the excitement of spring!