If you have not jumped on the text marketing bandwagon yet, you should. The fact that everyone is in to texting right now is self-evident. It’s very rare to meet someone who doesn’t text these days. (Even the elderly are testing the waters when it comes to this convenient method of communication!) With that in mind, text marketing is a no-brainer.
Still need convincing? Here are 10 reasons why you should invest in text marketing.
The first 3 reasons come from BetaNews:
- Eight out of every ten people in the world own a smartphone
- In America, each person spends nearly three hours out of every day using their mobile devices
- Mobile use has grown 76% in recent years
Business.com provides some other great reasons:
- Texting is a quick and easy way to communicate a call to action
- People usually read their text messages within 1.5 minutes of receiving them
- Text messages have a higher read rate than email or social media
Text marketing is especially effective toward the youth of today:
- Texting is the language of the new generation
- The American Psychological Association claims that on average, a student can concentrate on schoolwork only 6 minutes before being interrupted by texts or social media
- The use of texting is so prominent that “text language” is becoming the norm
- Texting has proven to be very influential in people’s decision-making – for example, when it comes to quitting smoking
There are so many uses for texting that it’s impossible to put all the reasons for text marketing down in a succinct list. The possibilities are endless! And text marketing is now quite affordable. All the components of a successful tool: convenient, inexpensive, and effective.
Definitely a no-brainer!
Feel free to try out a free test account of our text alert services here.