By Aaron Nicholson | April 30, 2021
An SMS bot is a text messaging tool that automatically responds to the messages you send to it. Users can send special words or numbers, called smart reply keywords and receive custom responses immediately.
Have you ever called a business and dealt with their automated answering service?
Most business have these answering services but they're slow, inefficient, and no one likes interacting with them.
SMS bots have the same power to engage the customer 24/7 but with 100x the speed and convenience. On average, Americans send and receive 94 text messages per day. So people are quite familar with texting. SMS bots allow business to engage their customers, share information, and generate sales faster and more efficiently.
Keep reading to see more benefits!
Meet Mya. Mya is an SMS bot who was created by Mobile Text Alerts using Smart Replies. She can teach you about Smart Replies using...Smart Replies. 😄 Go ahead and send her a text message!
Mya is a friendly and non-pushy bot. 😄 This means she won't follow up with you unless you ask specific questions.
If you text MYA to 74121, she'll respond like this:
Just respond with one of those uppercase words to keep chatting with Mya.
1) SMS has a 99% read rate. It is an extremely efficient messaging channel.
2) SMS messages stay in your customer's SMS inbox. Unlike chat bot windows or emails, your customers won't forget about them or lose their connection.
3) SMS bots are incredibly easy to create. Go here to learn how.
4) SMS bots reduce buying friction. SMS bots make it easy for their customer to ask questions, receive answers, and receive trackable links.
5) SMS bots are free to create.
No coding is required. The Mobile Text Alerts platform allows you to simply type in your keyword triggers and auto-responses. It's incredibly easy to create an SMS bot.
You can sign up for a free 14-day trial account here. Your account comes preloaded with:
1 Opt in keyword
1 Five-digit short code
Unlimited Smart Reply keywords and responses
Full account access