SMS for real estate seems to be growing in popularity.
As realtor associations/boards and realtors themselves seek ways to connect with members and clients, texting presents itself as a quick, efficient, and easy way to get info across.
Who uses SMS for real estate?
Several realty-related organizations use text alerts:
- Realtor boards
- Realtor associations
- Real estate companies
- Realtor councils
What kinds of messages do they send?
A large portion of our real estate customers are boards and associations who need to get reminders and updates out to their members:
- “Reminder: Board of Director Meeting today at 11:30 a.m. Lunch provided.”
- “Since Lancaster County Schools are on a 2 hour delay, we will push our BOD meeting to 10:30 this morning. Travel safe!
- “Have you paid your lockbox key dues? Check your email for a late notice.”
- “New Agent Orientation has been changed to 3/12 at 9:30.”
- “Biggest event of the year. Annual Golf Tournament, 4/5/19. Grab your teams and sign-up”
Other uses of SMS for real estate include:
- Notifying agents about potential safety threats (“John Smith has been contacting female agents, has no means to purchase”)
- Providing employees with office-related updates (“Our main office has experienced a brief power outage. Power company is working on restoring services. Until then, please work remotely. We will update you again once we know more.”
- Giving clients details about an available property
What can you do with an SMS alert system?
A text alert system will allow you not only to send out messages but several other features such as:
- Scheduling messages ahead of time
- Organizing phone contacts into groups
- Contacts adding themselves to the opt-in list for your messages
- Importing contacts from an existing list
- And much more!
What about you? Do you use SMS for your own realtor company or organization?
If you’re interested in getting started, try a free test account for text alerts today to get a feel for how it works.