A useful feature of Mobile Text Alerts is the ability to set up administrators for your account.
Setting up administrators allows several advantages.
- It allows multiple people access to send messages from your Control Panel.
- It allows group leaders to send messages by texting in with their own personal phones.
- It allows group leaders to send text messages from their own personal email addresses.
This tutorial will walk you through the “Manage Administrators” page on your Control Panel.
Add an Administrator
Click the green “Add an Administrator” button to input a new administrator. You can then fill out the fields as desired. Click “Save” to save the new administrator.
You can add as many administrators on your account as desired.
If you would like to remove one or more administrators, click on the row of the administrator (or hold shift and click on multiple administrators) to highlight that row.
Then click the red “Remove Administrators” button to delete the selected administrator(s).
- Username and Password – This is the username and password that administrators can use if they want to log in to send messages from the Control Panel.
- Phone Number – Entering the administrator’s phone number will enable that number to send messages from your account by texting in to 229-299-8227.
- Email – Entering the administrator’s email address will enable that address to send messages from your account via email.
- Administered Groups – This field allows you to assign an administrator to a specific group or groups.
- Super Administrator – Setting this field to “on” will enable the administrator to have access to send messages to all groups. Setting this field to “off” will enable the administrator to send messages only to the group(s) assigned to them in the “Administered Groups” field.
- Edit – Clicking “Edit” on an administrator’s row will allow you to edit the information for that administrator. You must click “Save” after editing the information to save any changes.
- Delete – Clicking the “Delete” icon on an administrator’s row will permanently delete that administrator.
Other Things to Know
- You can change how many administrators are displayed by clicking the arrow (above the table) that says “Show 10 entries.” Then from the drop-down menu that appears, you can select 25, 50, or 100 entries.
- You can search through your administrators by typing a search query in the text box.
- Clicking the “Copy to Clipboard” button will copy the information regarding your administrators. You can then paste the information into another document.
- Clicking the “Export” button allows you to export your administrator information as a CSV, Excel, or PDF file. You also have the option to view a printer-friendly version of your “Manage Administrators” page.