Using a mass-texting service like Mobile Text Alerts is beneficial for a variety of users. For one, a mass texting service allows you to pre-record voice messages and automatically send those messages at a later time. Whether you own a business and are scheduling texts to use in your marketing campaign or you’re running for political office and need to pre-record voice messages to send to voters, a mass texting service is a must-have communications tool. Schools, doctor offices, city governments, and local news stations can all benefit from this technology. Simply follow the steps below to get started.
- Upgrade from your control panel.
Go to the Upgrades->Add Phone Alerts tab on your control panel, select which plan you would like, and click “Add Phone Alerts to your Account” to get the feature added.
You can also contact us via the contact form, email (email@example.com), phone (531-365-0224), or the chat box on the homepage. Request to be enabled for phone alerts, and a representative will get your account set up to use the feature!
- Record a message.
There are two ways to record a message:
- Go to the Phone Messages->Send a Message tab on your control panel. From there you will see two icons toward the top of your screen (see below). Click on the green icon to start recording and the “Stop” icon to stop the recording (note that this may not work for some browsers, and you will need to enable permission to access the microphone when the system prompts). After you have clicked the “Stop” icon, the page should refresh itself and your new recording should show up in the list of recordings under the “Select Message to Send” box toward the bottom of the page.
- After your account has been enabled for Phone Alerts you will receive a PIN. You can then dial 201-351-4428. The system will ask for your PIN and you you can follow the instructions that the system gives you to record your message. (Note: if you ever lose or forget your PIN number, contact us and we can retrieve it for you.) When you are doing recording, your message will show up on the Phone Messages->Send a Message tab on your control panel.
- Send your message.
From the Phone Messages->Send a Message page you will first select whether you want your voice message to be sent out immediately, or if you want to schedule it to be automatically sent out at a later date/time.
Then you select which recipients you want to receive your message. You can do one of the following:
- You can check the “Send Message to All Subscribers” box. This will send your voice message to every number that is on your account.
- You can type in the name of one or more of your groups. This will only send your message to the members who are a part of that group (more on groups here).
- You can select recipients individually by checking the “Send Message” box of each number that you want to receive your message.
Lastly, scroll to the bottom of the page to select the message that you want to send. Click on the row of the message to highlight it. Then click “Send Phone Message” and your message will be sent!
To make sure that you have the right message before you send it, you can hear the pre-recorded message by clicking the “Preview Message” arrow. You can also search for messages using the search bar. (You can also click on the name of a message to rename it.)
Mass Texting Services Pricing
Phone alerts are priced according to how many phone messages you want to include in your mass texting service. The usual rates are:
500 calls/month – $15/month
2,000 calls/month – $48/month
5,000 calls/month – $115/month
10,000 calls/month – $222/month
25,000 calls/month – $525/month
So for the 500-call plan, for example, you are able to send up to 500 phone calls in a month for $15. Additional calls can be purchased for $.03 per phone call.