“Keyword” is a term we throw around a lot here at Mobile Text Alerts. But it’s not really a term people use much in everyday conversation.
So what is a “keyword” in regards to your text alert account? What do you need to know about using text alert keywords?
To put it simply, your keyword is a word unique to your account that potential subscribers can text in to a certain number to be added to your subscriber list.
The purpose of a keyword is to be a unique identifier so that people can easily opt themselves in to receive your messages by texting in from their phones.
Your account with Mobile Text Alerts comes with one free keyword on the number 662-200-4303. Anyone who texts your unique keyword in to 662-200-4303 will be added to your database so they can receive your messages.
In addition to your free keyword, you can purchase group keywords at $3/month each.
These group keywords are connected to particular groups on your account. This means that people can text a group keyword in to 662-200-4303 to be added to the specific group associated with that keyword.
Purchasing group keywords can help make the process of adding subscribers to groups simpler. Contact us to purchase group keywords.
You have the option of purchasing keywords on the shortcode 48421 for $15/month. This allows your potential subscribers to text your keyword in to the shorter and easier-to-remember number 48421 instead of the 10-digit 662 number.
Tips on Creating Your Keyword
- Create a keyword that would be unique to your account (this is actually a requirement)
- Select a keyword that is short and easy to remember
- Make sure your keyword is just one word; even if it is 2 or more words, combine it to a single word
- Don’t worry about capitalization – your keyword is not case-sensitive
Tips on Promoting Your Keyword
- Publish your keyword on social media posts
- Put your keyword on your website
- Display your keyword in prominent places at your location
- Include your keyword in presentations and promotions
- Insert your keyword in marketing emails or mailings
Your keyword is a useful tool to assist you in your text alert sending process. Remember to take advantage of this tool as much as possible and use it to its maximum potential!