Did you know you can organize your subscribers into groups?
This is awesome for sorting your subscribers and making sure your recipients only receive the messages that are relevant to them.
STEP 1: CREATE A GROUP
First you need to create your groups so that you have categories in which you can sort your subscribers. To create a group, simply do the following:
- Go to the Manage Groups page
- Click the Add a Group button
At this point you could just type in the group name and click “Save,” but if you want to include other info, here is what the other fields mean for you:
STEP 2: GROUP INFO
- Name: This is the name of your group. You can give the group any name you want.
- Hide Group: By default this is “Off,” but if this is set to “On,” this group will not appear on your sign-up page. You will want to hide your group if you don’t want your subscribers who sign up on your sign-up page to be able to sign themselves up for the group.
- Group Keyword: This is an optional field. For $3/month you can add a Group Keyword. These additional keywords allow your subscribers to text in to be added directly to the specified group. If you do not want to purchase additional keywords, you can leave this field blank.
- Auto-Response: This is an optional field that only applies if you have purchased a Group Keyword for the group. In this field you can type out a message. This message will be automatically sent out to people who text in the Group Keyword.
Remember to click “Save” when you are done!
STEP 3: ADD SUBSCRIBERS TO THE GROUP
Now that you have created your group and set up the info for the group, you can start adding subscribers to this group.
There are several ways this can be done:
- You can add subscribers to groups manually by going to your Manage Subscribers page. From there, select the row of the subscriber you want to add to highlight that row (hold shift to select multiple subscribers). Ten click the “Add Subscribers to Group” button toward the top.
- Subscribers can add themselves to your groups by going to your sign-up page at mobile-text-alerts.com/keyword (where “keyword” is replaced with the actual keyword for your account)
- Subscribers can add themselves to your group by texting “Join GroupName” to 661 (where “GroupName” is replaced with the actual group name for your account).
- Note: this method will only work if the subscriber is already signed up on your account
You have now created a group and added subscribers to your group! When sending a message, you can select the option to send to a group and select the name of the group you would like to send to.