If you run or work for a tattoo shop, you’re always looking for ways to grow your tattoo business.
How can you bring in more customers?
How can you secure customer loyalty and ensure repeat business?
As good as you may be as a business owner or tattoo artist, the saying that “if you build it, they will come” is not usually true.
So what can you do to grow your tattoo business?
One answer: SMS alerts.
What are SMS alerts?
SMS alerts (AKA text alerts) simply refers to sending mass text messages.
People use SMS alerts for a variety of reasons: for announcements, reminders, updates, marketing…
And yes, to grow your tattoo business!
Why use SMS?
TechJury shares some amazing stats regarding SMS, including:
- The open rate for text messages is huge – as high as 98%!
- The vast majority of people (90%) read texts almost immediately after receiving them.
- SMS boasts “a 209% higher response rate than phone, email, or Facebook” and “nearly 50% of responders will make a purchase.”
- “Consumers redeem SMS-delivered coupons 10 times more than other types of coupons.”
The bottom line is that texting is widely used and is effective. You’d be remiss not to at least consider it in your business’s marketing plan.
How can you grow your tattoo business with SMS alerts?
With all that being said, what can you actually do with SMS alerts? What kinds of messages can you send? How can it help you grow your tattoo business?
Here are a few ideas of what you can send:
- “20% off your next tat if you show this text! Expires in 7 days.”
- “Check out the new styles on our website: [website link]. Anything strike your fancy?”
- “TODAY ONLY! Free piercing with any tattoo.”
- “We’re giving away 5 free tattoos over the next couple of days! First come first serve so stop on by! And hurry!”
The possibilities are almost endless, but I’m sure you can see the potential!
If you make even one sale per month as a result of sending out these kinds of text alerts, your decision to send SMS could easily pay itself off quickly.
Why not give it a try this month and see how it goes?