Within marketing there are two types of customers. Returning customers, and new customers. Many marketers make the mistake of thinking that new customers are what grow your business. Did you know that, in reality, a returning customer has the potential to be five or more times as profitable as a new customer?
This is one of the greatest strengths of text alerts. With text alerts, you have a low-cost way to occasionally reach out to your existing customers, and keep them coming back for more.
Here are 5 easy, simple, affordable text-based programs you can put in to place to bring those returning customers to you:
- Buy-back Day – Send out a text alert that lets customers know that for one day, you will buy back anything old from returning customers who purchase a newer unit.
- Referral Rewards – Word-of-mouth referrals are the lifeblood of most businesses. You need to be sending out at least 1 text alert per month with some kind of a reward for bringing a friend or referring someone new to your business.
- A Simple Rewards Program – Credit cards do it, Subway does it, do you know why? Because it’s a good idea Reward your customers for using you, and for using you often.
- The “Inside Scoop” – Offer some information to your customers that is “only available to members.”
- Members Only Sales – Offer a coupon code or some kind of a sale that is only available to returning customers.