Summer is right around the corner, here is a list of 6 great summer camp games that are easy to put together, and that your summer camp could start playing this year!
Everyone sits in a circle and the goal is to count to 20. It seems easy enough, but there are a few catches!
- You can not plan ahead as to who is going to say which number
- You can not count around the circle
- No talking or signals allowed
- If any two people say a number at the same time, you must start back at “1”
I Have Never
A fun game to find out more about your fellow campers
- Have one person sit in the middle of a circle of chairs with everyone else sitting in one of the chairs.
- The person in the middle says something they have never done – “I have never played tennis”
- The people in the circle who have done what this person has not done must get up and switch seats.
- You cannot switch seats with the person sitting directly next to you
- The person in the middle has to quickly try and take a seat from those who are switching before they become occupied again.
- Whoever is left in the middle says something they've never done and the game begins again!
- Choose someone as “IT”
- The person who is IT chases everyone else. Once they catch someone, they must join hands to create a blog.
- The blob must keep holding hands while they start chasing again. Whoever they catch joins on to the blog
- Once the blog has six people, it can split into two groups of three, and may split into groups of three at any time after that
- The person left without being tagged is IT and the game starts again
- Get everyone in your group to stand in a circle.
- Everyone then reaches across the circle with their right hand to grab the right hand of another person in the group.
- Then everyone reaches in with their left hand to grab the left hand of another person in the group.
- Now your aim is to untagle the knot you have made without letting go of hands until a circle is formed.