We've just finished up another New Year – another year gone by, another opportunity to evaluate our goals and our struggles.
Another time to start fresh.
We all have different expectations and different things we want out of 2017. Will it be a time of change, of improvement, of adjustment, of evaluation?
Here are 11 New Year quotes to consider this January.
- “And now we welcome the new year. Full of things that have never been.” –Rainer Maria Rilke
- “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're doing something.” –Neil Gaiman
- “Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.” –Oprah Winfrey
- “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.'” –Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.” –Melody Beattie
- “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” –Benjamin Franklin
- “Resolution One: I will live for God. Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will.” –Jonathan Edwards
- “The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective.” –Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.” –James Agate
- “New Year's Day is every man's birthday.” –Charles Lamb
- “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.” –Cavett Robert
What will you do with your New Year?